Monday, December 3, 2007

So Far, So Good

Admittedly, I may have gotten a little carried away on the probate post. My lovely wife mentioned that she thought about posting a little "we need to talk" comment since the actual post time was during my 1st job working hours. Well, I stole a little time from the man, but most of the post was developed at home & I banged out the body during my lunch break. No harm, no foul.

I am in full swing developing my network & getting my little venture off the ground. I attended the TRIG Christmas event on Saturday night and was able to have some good conversations with other investors and talked wholesaling with the local homevestors franchisee. A good time... (although I didn't win any of the doorprizes...)

As previously mentioned, I am working FT at an office-type job so I have little time to get out and pound the street for RE opportunities. I have decided to pretend that this really is a business venture and act accordingly. I have one researcher worked out to collect my probates each week (free! Yay!) and I interviewed my first researcher for pre-foreclosure and think he is going to work out well. I have a couple of audios for him to listen to and plan to go knocking doors with him for a few hours on Saturday to be sure he's up to the task. I still need to work up my leave-behind flyer with customized testimonials. I am going to get on the phone tonight and call a couple of people that I was able to help get out of Foreclosure back in the spring and see if they'd write up a testimonial for me. Hopefully they'll do it.

Since I'll need more than one researcher, I'm going to see if my current guy has anyone that he could refer me to and then post a listing on Craigslist for some more willing door-knocking souls to get the leads going in Chesapeake and Norfolk. I'm also looking for a probate researcher in Chesapeake, but expect that I would have to pay him/her so I'm holding off on that until I have a deal finished and some $$ to pay them with.

I also got a bird-dogging system over the weekend and since that's basically what I'm doing these days, I'm excited to see what he says. If you're interested in checking it out for yourself, check out the blog at www.unemployedinvestor.com and check out his product at www.investorslunch.com.


Seems like a good product. I'll review it in a future post...

4 comments:

mikeeha said...

What's your bosses name? Hmm... maybe he needs to find out about this blog.

That would get you guys out here faster.....kidding


kind of.

Taylor said...

Good point. He's actually a hell of a nice guy and I feel a little guilty for any time that I steal from him since he grabbed me pretty quickly when I was out of work.

I'm trying to give him the work he's paying for and still develop my own thing in the evenings. Tough to do, but still possible.

BTW, where's your blog dude?

-Taylor

mikeeha said...

I can barely get to the gym let alone start a blog.

besides it would be really boaring

DayByDayFlips.com said...

Sounds like you have some good things going Taylor! Keep it up!