Tuesday, December 4, 2007

My First Researcher

I am pretty excited about my latest development. If you read my probate post below (set aside 30 mins...) you know that I have someone else pulling my probates for 'free' each week. She is usually pretty reliable, but missed last week and is running late this week. Get what you pay for I guess.

Anyway, I met with the guy that in all likelyhood is going to be my first foreclosure researcher. He is an ambitious guy, wants to learn the RE business and has another job where he works 3 10hr days and has the rest of the time off. Plenty of time to knock doors for FC's. And he speaks SPANISH! A very handy guy to have around.

I gave him my 'training' audios and we planned to get together in a couple of days to see if it is something that he wants to move forward with. When I left our meeting last night, he was saying that he wanted to get going on Friday. Great!

So I am putting together his leave-behind flyers and need to get some admin stuff figured out, but we are moving forward a little at a time here... Good timing too, because from what I understand, most foreclosure investors make their money from Oct-April each year with the winter months being the best time to pick up properties. We'll see.

As you know, I started my little RE experience knocking doors and had to make it all up as I went along. I have been collecting info since then and feel like I have enough good info that I can get my guy off to a good start.

Cross your fingers!

2 comments:

Teresa said...

It would be AWESOME if this works out for both of you. I'll do all that I can to help. That could be a lot since I found RB! Let's hope so!

DayByDayFlips.com said...

Awesome! Can't wait to hear how things work out for you!!