Saturday, February 9, 2008

Thank You for Calling Glass Dr, We Fix Your Panes...

I landed on my feet.
Sort of.
Well, more like landing on one foot than solidly on both feet.
I just finished my first week of my new job as account manager with the Glass Dr and honestly, it was pretty enjoyable. I was able to be outside, out & about meeting with clients and not stuck in an office on the phone all day. The owner is very pleasant and understands (in fact encourages) my real estate side-venture.

Downside is the pay. With flexibility comes little cash up front. So... the owner & I are talking next week about him bumping up my base so that I don't have to wait tables, but what I really need to get my RE leads turned into a deal.

I am still on the lookout for a 'good' job, but the market is really soft right now and companies are not coughing up the dough for relocations like they were a few years ago. Searching for a job in CA from across the country is proving to be harder than it was to find a job here while living in CA. Seems like things have changed in the job market & economy since then as well.

So my hope/plan is to work the Glass Dr thing along with real estate while I keep looking for a job both here & in CA. With all the recruiters looking for positions for me, my hope is that it is just a matter of time until one comes together.

As far as real estate goes, my probate researcher has promised that she'll get back in there this week. I am going to be working the Chesapeake area for the Glass Dr next week and plan to swing by their probate office & get the lowdown on the process over there. I need to get a researcher working that office for me just like I have going in Virginia Beach.


On the Foreclosure front, I need to put my foreclosure researcher packets put together & put an ad on Craigslist for foreclosure researchers in Norfolk, Chesapeake and Virginia Beach. I have the training CD's burned and the training paperwork printed & bound, I just need to organize it. I haven't heard word 1 from my foreclosure researcher in weeks. In fact, he hasn't done much since the Door Hanger Cop episode a few weeks ago. Maybe he got spooked...

All the probate leads I processed in Jan stirred up what looks to be 3 potential deals. I follow up with the sellers once a week now and I plan on just doing follow up with any lead until they buy or die.

I'm also mid way through my 2007 executor master list. I plan on drip mailing all the executors from 2007 since they have the final say on what happens with these properties.

I am also working on a name for my company... Real Deal Real Estate. I have a domain reserved at www.realdealestate.net and am working on a logo with my designer friend. I am looking at setting up an 800 # to add to my vonage account for $5/month to give me a higher likelihood of getting calls from the out of town probate beneficiaries.

LOTS going on, just little of it generating income right now. I'll keep you posted when my website goes live & give you the 800# so you can call and hear my 'free recorded message' once I'm done with it.

Keep moving forward...

2 comments:

Tami Cromar said...

Keep grinding bro, it will hit. Kisses,

J

Taylor said...

word.

Thanks J. My upcoming post will talk about the quasi-deal I put together over the weekend.

go team!
Taylor