Friday, April 3, 2009

More Core Identity Thoughts

I've had 2 meetings with sellers this week that have been frustrating to me.
  • Both were single women with houses they needed to sell.
  • They needed to sell for as much as possible, as fast as possible.
  • In the end they individually gave me the same 'i want to think about it because you're numbers are too low' as a reason to leave the meeting without a contract or a return appointment.
  • One has listed with a realtor and I expect the one from today to list with a realtor
It is super frustrating for me (ergo another 1am blog post) because I know that what I have represents the best possible chance for these sellers to get what they want/need, which is a. quick sale, b. Cash c. Cash that meets or exceeds what they would likely net from a retail sale.

But something must be missing. I may be too logical in my presentation/meeting with them. Maybe I don't build enough rapport, find out what their hot buttons are, paint them in to their pleasurable future...

I have mentioned Frank Kern before, but I don't think I've linked any of his video to my blog. Check it out. It is an interesting premise to approach business/sales from such a 'touchy-feely' kind of place, but it resonates with me and my best meetings have followed a similar path.

Enjoy and tell me what you think...
-Taylor


this guy was cool too. Absolute Congruence.

No comments: