Monday, April 20, 2009

Buy at the Peak, Sell on the Way Down...

I'm making follow up calls (18 so far) this evening and just had a nutty call that I had to get online.

Here's the stats:
She bought for $397,500 in 12/05. Which was about 4 months prior to the peak of the biggest peak in american housing. Full retail at the peak of all peaks.

She has rec'd my mailer once every 3 months and called to see if she could get out of her house with a little profit.
Wouldn't tell me what she thought it was worth. (I had 3 websites open looking at current value...)
Wouldn't tell me what she owed.(can pull all that from county records in about 5 mins.)
Didn't want to meet. (I can't help those that don't want help.)

So, in the end I told her that Zillow.com and Realquest.com both showed a value for her place at $297 in today's market, would that number be in the ballpark?

Heavens no. I wouldn't sell for a penny less than $450k.

Hope you have a couple decades to wait my dear.

It's gonna be a while.

Here's the foreclosures around her house.


Ok, thanks. I feel much better now.

Back to the phone...
-Taylor

No comments: