Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish


I had a strange premonition today that I am on the eve of something big. I'm putting it down here to make it permanent and we can all see in the future what the feeling was all about, but it was a really cool de ja vu kind of thing. I was at the courthouse gathering info for another of my probate mailings and had the feeling. We'll see what it was all about, but it was cool. Hopefully you've felt it before too.

When I got back to the office I checked my email and got a blog-link of Steve Jobs' Commencement speech at Stanford 2005 titled 'Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish'. I found it surprisingly soothing that someone so ridiculously successful had something of a rocky beginning. It's a great vid clip and you can click here to watch it by clicking above. For the entire transcript etc, check out the link on my blog in the links/blogs section.

Between my RE connection and myself, we were able to get 26 new probate records and when added to the 10 that I have from last week, I am looking at over 100 more letters to go out tomorrow. I also sent out 18 attorney letters this morning and 90 or so probate letters on Tuesday.

If my numbers hold true, my phone should start ringing around Friday this week and I should get 8-9 interested calls.

I'm also thinking about getting back into pre-foreclosures by door-knocking since it is dark in the evening again. We'll go over that in another post.

Learning & Earning!
Taylor out

5 comments:

mikeeha said...

Taylor I love it, Crystal started blogging about 6 months ago (1happyhouse.blogspot.com) which opened my eyes to the community of phyco bloggers. She spends many hours rattling the keyboard.

It's funny to read hers compared to yours. Us "providers" have very different concerns at the front of our minds.

What happened to the careless tripes to the beach when money didn't matter?

Keep diggin.

Taylor said...

Right Mike. I miss those days. I live 12 minutes from the beach and haven't touched the sand in over a month...
I've got tons of good memories though and have no doubt that I'll have some good trips in the future that will be funded by my real estate ventures...

Rock on!
Taylor

Teresa said...

I finally watched the video today. It reminded me of the philosophy of using our life experiences to "fill our resevoir". "The key is" remembering what's in there.

Christine said...

Oh my gosh Scott - I can't believe you started a blog! I love seeing your growing family! Where have the years gone? We still talk about the Taylors especially since we bought your parent's beautiful piano years ago (and everyone who walks into our home wants to know where I got it)!

I just started a blog over the summer and happened to stumble across Mike's blog (well, his wife's blog). And then I saw Teresa's picture on one of the comments - crazy! I'm just so glad to be able to stay in touch with you guys! I wonder what other p-town home guys are blogging (via their wives)!

You can check out my blog at christine-imafisher.blogspot.com
My brother also started a blog - you can find it on my blog (sidebar Nic updates) because his wife almost died two months ago via a jet ski.

Tell Teresa HI for me.

DayByDayFlips.com said...

Hey Scott...

I love that clip. Just came across your site and thought would say hey! HEY!! I'll put you on my blogroll and check in with ya later!

Jared
www.daybydayflips.com