Friday, August 13, 2010

Real Homes of Genius

One of the blogs I frequent is Dr Housing Bubble in LA County.  (http://www.doctorhousingbubble.com/  ).  Great commentary on the state of So Cal real estate.  Besides his personal pet-peeve for garbage cans and Realtor cars in listing photos on the MLS (which I share,) he regularly posts about "Real Homes of Genius".

A real home of genius is one where a bank and buyer broke all rules of sanity in overvaluing a property to the point of ridiculousness.  We've got one here in my area this week, and I think I"ll keep them coming.

Real Home of Genius - Santa Maria Style...

First,
The original sales info.  Purchased in 1/2003 for $320,000

Second, Purchased in 11/2005 for $450,000!!





Third, Notice of Default, Notice of Trustee Sale 4/22/2009










Fourth, Trustee Sale on 1/14/2010

Finally, onto the market in 5/23/2010 for $165,500 and reduced on 6/17/2010

Here's the video I shot this morning. A true gem.



Enjoy!
Taylor

2 comments:

Kirk said...

I keep waiting for the theme song to come on... I think you should try and add that to your video posts.

So what happens to the value and price of the home if the bank tears out the illegal room?

Unknown said...

wow, great, I was wondering how to cure acne naturally. and found your site by google, learned a lot, now i’m a bit clear. I’ve bookmark your site and also add rss. keep us updated. web design web design web design