Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Bank Repairs Property Without Asking!

I know it sounds crazy.  I didn't believe it myself when it happened, but I have video to prove it.  Check it out.



Here's the backstory.

I have a client that made an all-cash, as-is offer on a bank-owned (REO) condo.  It was in pretty good shape and she loved the unit so she offered close to retail.  In fact, all the unit needed was carpet, paint and install some hand-rails and it would be good to go.

Offer was accepted in a day and we moved into escrow.

Yesterday, the listing agent called me in a huff because there were contractors in the condo tearing out carpet and it looked like a painter had already come and gone....

I called my client and she didn't know a thing about it.  No answers...

Until later that afternoon when the listing agent called me to apologize.  The bank had hired and scheduled to have the contractors paint and carpet the unit and didn't let the agent know.  (weird.)

So, my client gets carpet and paint.  On an AS-IS bank REO.  Gratis.

Gotta love these banks... Never the same thing twice.

Cheers,
Taylor

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey I really like your post – lots of good information. Just out of curiosity, do you use virtual assistants for real estate investing? I came across this website and wanted to know your opinion of it – www.realestateinvestingwithvirtualassistants.com do you think it looks like a good idea?

Unknown said...

What a good blog you have here. Please update it more often. This topics is my interest. Thank you. web design engineer