Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Where should I mail your check?


I just got 'the call' from my title company that my check for the Larkfield Place deal will be ready at noon. Whew!

Just for reference, here's the time line...

  • Feb 18th - Seller calls my info-line at 8:56am and listens for 10mins, 55 sec and hangs up.
  • Feb 18th - 2pm I call to follow up on the call. He states that he's interested in what I've got going and would like to sell quickly and discretely. He liked my postcard and likes that he wouldn't need to do any of the fix up on his place. Set appointment for the following Tuesday 2/24. (I should have gotten up there sooner, but had sub teaching jobs to do and Tues was the soonest I could get there.)
  • Feb 24 11:30 - Met with seller. 3 hour appointment went great and I ended up with my lowest, all cash offer being acceptable to him. Planned to close within 30 days.
  • Feb 24 - Listed house on Craigslist, 11daysale.com, 11dayproperties.com. Cautious optimism...
  • Feb 25 - Called previous interested buyers' list from Stoney Creek auction back in November. Had 2 cash buyers interested. One of them told a friend about he place and he drove by. Also started escrow on the 25th.
  • Mar 4th - Signed assignment contract for $12,000 with investor who plans on flipping the property in 90 days so we can sell to an FHA buyer (seasoning of 90 days required.)
  • Mar 13th - Funding in and ready to close. Seller asked to postpone signing so he didn't have to sign on Friday the 13th. Signing set for Monday.
  • Mar 16th - Seller, buyer signed docs. Check from bank cashed. Closed and done.
  • Mar 18th - Check ready!
Let's see, how many days was that? 22 days right? Now, it's not like I haven't worked my butt off for that money, but it sure is sweet to get 5 figure paychecks... I love every one of them.

Best of all, I proved that
THIS CAN BE DONE IN CALIFORNIA!
  • IN THIS MARKET!
  • IN A COASTAL COUNTY!
  • IN LESS THAN A MONTH!
It's all about motivation and persistance. Seller motivation and investor persistance.

I'm hoping to surf this afternoon to celebrate. Ahhh...

Now on to the next one!
-Taylor

4 comments:

Kirk said...

SWEET! Now motivate my board to the meeting.

Chantal said...

"C-e-l-e-b-r-a-t-i-o-n time. Come on!!!" Congrats!

Taylor said...

We'll celebrate when you guys get here next week. I went to the beach with my lovely bride and the kids all afternoon. Pure bliss.

Now on to the next one!
-Taylor

ncarey said...

>Best of all, I proved that
THIS CAN BE DONE IN CALIFORNIA!

I love it, Proof once more that it works anywhere if you do.