Friday, October 31, 2008

Photos from my day...





I took some time this afternoon to leave my luxurious office and take some pictures. Here's a house I went to see. The seller thinks it's worth $370k. The neighbor's place has recently been reduced to $249k. Time for a reality check.

One of the tools I use in my discussions with sellers is the # of foreclosures in the area. (55% of all sales in CA are FC/Bank Owned. At this point FC's are the market.)

Here is a jpg of the foreclosures around the house above.

Interesting note on how I use this info...

I have always checked www.Realquest.com to get an idea of the foreclosure activity around a property (Free!). In the past I had to just make a note in the file as to the number of Auctions, Bank Owned and PreForeclosure properties around the property and would mention the numbers when talking to sellers.

Useful, but not particularly Powerful. Realquest doesn't allow anyone to print this graphic from their site without paying for a full report (which contains public info anyway...)

I'm not a guy that likes to pay for info that is free. However, I did want to use the power of the graphic to impress the severity of the competition in the neighborhood from FC's. Step-by-step instructions below.
  1. Step 1 Push the [print screen] or [Prt Sc] button on your keyboard to copy the current screenview.
  2. Next, Open paint (Windows/All Programs/Accessories/Paint).
  3. Right click/Paste or if you're a keyboard user like me, ctrl-V
  4. Use the Select (outline/rectangle) tool to highlight the portion of the screen you want to use.
  5. Right click/Cut or ctrl-X to cut the image.
  6. Click File/new (don't save) to create a new paint project.
  7. Paste the newly edited image onto the project. Right click/paste or ctrl-v.
  8. Print/save the resulting image and use to your advantage.
  9. Wasn't that easy? Use it to create .jpg images of any screen you want to. Excellent skill to know.

Here is a tricked out ride I saw around the corner. Seriously, a lifted, 4x4 Nova. Nice to see some redneck style 'hood life' here in sunny CA!

No comments: