Thursday, May 29, 2008

Killer Resource...

If you post on Craigslist like I do you'll appreciate this hookup...

Postlets.com is a fantastic service that will build a beautifully formatted page for you to cut/paste into your craigslist post. I use it for real estate, but you can use it for posting rental real estate and vehicles as well.

Turn your crappy, generic posts like this poor guy... click here or this poor dude... click here
To one like the recent wholesale property I just posted... click here
  1. Go to Postlets.com and create an account.
  2. Create a postlet (very similar to creating a craigslist ad or ebay listing...)
  3. Once finished, save the postlet and then click edit to return to the listing details. On the bottom of the page is a button that says COPY/PASTE HTML. Click it.
  4. Copy highlighted html in the details box. (right-click/copy)
  5. Click post to craigslist (right below the box)
  6. Login to your craigslist account and create a new posting.
  7. Create your headline and initial pricing/location info.
  8. Paste your html from postlets in the listing details. If you linked photos to postlets you won't need to relist them in craigslist (whew!)
  9. Finish your listing and sit back and look at the beauty that you've added to the internet shopping experience.
Now go post that thing you've been meaning to sell for the last couple of weeks.

-Taylor

1 comment:

Kirk said...

Hey Taylor…

Thanks for the heads-up on the Postlets.com. I have a few things I would like to depart with and I always used a webpage linked to Craig’s list or visa versa.

Hey can I make a suggestion? In your photos of the Berkley property. I would get rid of the garbage. Take a good look at your images. Ask yourself if I was looking at this house as a buyer would I want to see sponges in the shower. A 44 oz. cup of whatever next to the fire place. Cleaning supplies on the hearth. Or the big red bottle of 409 on the kitchen counter.

I know you are in the process of cleaning and getting the unit ready for a quick sale, but this is the fist things that I looked at when I viewed your pictures.

I have two more suggestions for you images. The room with nothing in it… except for the big window on the right side. If you use a sheer white shower curtain (clean) and tack it over the window this will do two things. One it will diffuse the light coming to the room. Cloth is better then plastic. Two it’s will still allow you to see the window outline.

Last and most important. Don’t take a picture of a toilet with the seat up. Always take the time to put the seat down… Do I sound like your wife?

Cheers,


Kirk