Monday, January 5, 2009

New year, new month, etc...

It's goal season. End of a year, all that stuff. I'm pretty well on a track with my goal review from October so I haven't done much in the way of resolutions.

I do need to eat better and continue with my exercise plan this year.

I did make a review of my results from December. I am a big fan of charts and graphs so in Oct, when I realized that I had no idea how many calls were coming in, # of calls out, # of appointments etc, I decided to build myself a real sweet chart to collect all my data.


So...
DECEMBER 2008 DATA
  • I sent out 2800 mailers in Dec,
  • got 185 inbound calls to my real estate info line.
  • I made 107 outbound follow up calls
  • and was able to contact 67 sellers.
  • Scheduled 17 appointments
  • and went on 10.
  • Made 11 offers.
  • Ended up with 0 contracts
  • and made $0 for the month.
I do have a short-sale in the works and 2 offers on a property in VA that we have on option contract, so Jan could be a money month if all goes well.

I had LOTS of people push everything off until after the holidays, so my stack of follow up files is huge. I probably have 60 follow up calls to make this week. Busy, busy...

It was a year ago that I got laid off for hunting for another job and started this whole real estate venture in a real way. It was a heck of a year and I honestly hoped for better, but things being what they are, I feel fortunate to have the 2 part time jobs I've got and this little business to keep me going every day.

Here's to a more lucrative & less hair-raising 2009!

Cheers,
Taylor

No comments: